Sunday 20 August 2017

Methane is almost at 3 ppm


Methane is at unprecedented 2811 ppm

Image may contain: text
This is an observation from Facebook

TWO THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED AND ELEVEN PARTS PER BILLION. OMG!

That is the highest reading I have seen this year.


THAT IS ALMOST 3 PARTS PER MILLION. With a Global Heating potential of 200+ when methane first gets into the atmosphere, this is going to pack quite a heat BLAST for the Arctic. Remember, all indications are that it is slow to mix with the air further south. Thus, it is essentially concentrated in the Arctic for a few weeks.


Months ago I posted that all of the Arctic Ice would not melt this year.


This massive deadly release of methane may very well prove me wrong. I have been wrong many times in my life, so being wrong doesn't phase me. The looming death of humanity because of this ever increasing release from the Arctic Permafrost does phase me. I have been hoping for a ten-year reprieve from extinction; but, obviously, we are not going to get it if this release continues growing and Growing and GROWING!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.